Saturday, January 22, 2011

The past month of my life

Holy cow it's been a while! Sorry! Life has been crazy once Christmas hit!

My holiday break was absolutely amazing this year! I would not have changed anything about it! I got to spend Christmas Eve with my mom, step-dad, and grandpa and Christmas Day with a lot of family on my dad's side, including my grandma! Then the next day I began my adventure to see Jon again! We did a small Christmas thing when I got there, i.e. open presents and eat food lol. And then for a week I was working on wedding stuff! New Years wasn't uber exciting. We stayed in and ended up watching movies, but I was with Jon and that's all that mattered! Then I met with a florist and photographer the next week before heading out to California with Jon to visit my dad!

Cali was a BLAST! It couldn't have gone better...other than me getting sick. I could have dealt with not being sick...and it would have been better if Miss Diane wasn't sick either...but we had a blast with the hand we were dealt! We ended up getting a lot crammed into the 3 days that we were there and I'm pretty sure it's decided Jon and I will be visiting my dad and step-mom again soon! Okay, maybe not too soon, but around Christmastime. (It doesn't seem possible before graduation, then before the wedding will be incredibly hectic, but maybe after at some point but I know for sure around Christmastime.)

After Cali, Jon and I headed back to Ohio. We picked up a new puppy for his mom. She is the cutest thing! It was so much fun playing with her and seeing how she adjusted. I'm sad I had to leave her so soon! Oh, and Jon! lol Of course it was sad leaving Jon! It always is!

I got to spend a few more days at home in KC before heading back to Iowa. My mom and I got in some more quality time, which actually went really well. I also spent some more time with my brother's fiance and her mother. But I'm mostly thankful for the time that I got to spend with my mother while I was home. As excited as I am to move to Ohio to be with Jon, I will miss my mom. We've gotten a lot closer I think in the past few months and I really did enjoy spending time with her. She really is wonderful.

Once back in Iowa, I saw my Pants! family! haha which is ALWAYS fun! and then I proceeded to immerse myself into House seasons 2 and 3! AH I'm obsessed! haha. But then my last first day of a school semester hit. I cannot believe this is my last semester of school. And the first week of it is already over. Holy crap. I'm already intimidated by this semester. It will definitely be a hard one but I know I can do it. Deep down inside me I know I can. I also have a lot of people believing in me. I have to get through this for myself and for them. I cannot let them down. I can't let myself down. I've come too far. So here's to my last semester. I'll give it the best shot I can!

Quote of the Day:
"Fetus: it's an epidemic!"

"Fetus...it's like an STD!"
"OMG it is!"
Megan and I being awesome while discussing parts of my psychopharmacology book!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha. fetus. lmao! <3 you! I am so glad you had a fabulous break!

    ReplyDelete