Monday, February 14, 2011

Not Your Typical Valentine's Day

Today is Valentine's Day. Obviously since it is February 14th. It really hasn't been the most "normal" Valentine's Day. No roses or kisses. No Valentine's Day cards or stuffed teddy bears. No fancy dinner or romantic night out. It's been filled with classes and studying.

My last 3 Valentine's Days haven't been normal either. V-Day #1: Jon and I were not in the same state. He sent me a lovely box of stuff to show his love and I drew him a pretty picture :-) We tried to have a Skype date but the internet connection crapped out like 10 min into it and it was a bust. Disappointment set in.

V-Day #2: I actually went to see Jon that weekend! Which was awesome! However, Valentine's Day happened to be that Sunday that I had to drive home. Saying goodbye was not how I wanted to spend that day. Or spending 9.5 hours in the car by myself. This I should classify as a partial bust.

Today, V-Day #3: Class, lunch, class, studying via webcam with Megan!, texing Jon, then avoiding studying. But a few good things did happen today that made my day a little brighter. Web hosting! haha Making progress in my ad capstone. A fun still life photo shoot in photography today with fun people! Web date with Megan! Texting Jon for a while :-) My brother texted me AND I found out he's coming to my graduation! My mommy called me and is super excited to visit this weekend. I cannot wait! Yeah, it hasn't been the typical Valentine's day, but it has definitely been filled with love. I've been surrounded by friends and family that love me and reminded how lucky I really am.

On top of all that, exactly 3 months until graduation! YAY! I cannot wait! I about cried when I found out my brother and his fiance are coming lol. Everyone will be here and it will be wonderful! But until then I need to find my inner strength and motivation to get there. I can't just let everything I've worked so hard for fall apart in front of me. I can do this.

Quote of the Day:
"Why do those names have to sound so violent?!"
-Whitley

No comments:

Post a Comment