Friday, April 23, 2010

No Rain, No Gain

Today I had my first official camera crew position. I got to help out for a few hours, working one of the cameras on the track for Relays! Although I was required to sign up for a shift for my video production class, I'm glad I had to. It was a fun opportunity and I actually really enjoyed being a part of it. The only downside was the pouring rain and the wind that made it really cold. So not only did I have a face full of water from looking up at my view finder, I had to control my shivering so that I wouldn't mess up the shot. I walked away stiffly, with completely soaked pants and sweatshirt (despite wearing a raincoat) and you know what, I had fun. Well my arms and shoulders hurt from having the fight the wind and the fact that the tripod was up so high, but oh well. Maybe I'll see if I can do it again next year. After all, next year will be my last to experience Relays.

Aside from that, it was a quiet day filled with marketing homework. Thrilling, I know! But I did catch a break when I got a call back about a job. I have an interview set up and I'm hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that it works out. I really need this job and I really want to start saving up, not only for me but for me and Jon. I want to contribute. I feel bad that he's the only one working right now and I want to help out with the money situation. I know it may cause some added stress here and there because of scheduling but it will be a benefit in the long run.

Quote of the Day:
"I miss my beautiful bazy :-*"
-Jon

1 comment:

  1. I'm so stoked you have an interview monday! It couldn't come to a more deserving time! Good luck hun!

    And I'm glad you had fun today with your first official camera crew position! =] YAY!

    ReplyDelete