So it has definitely been a while since I posted last, my apologies. Things have been crazy with graduation, moving, unpacking, traveling back to Iowa, packing/moving, traveling back to Ohio, unpacking, job hunting and bonding with my new baby (an adorable little sugar glider). My days consist of waking up at 4:45 in the morning to take Jon to work, coming back to bond with Virgil (the aforementioned sugar glider, going back to sleep for 2 hours, eating breakfast then starting my day off with some sort of exercise. From there it's more bonding with the little one, job hunting, and catching up with my shows online until I need to pick Jon up from work. Basically I've been busy lol but it's been a good busy.
We acquired Virgil last Sunday during an excursion to the flea market. After about an hour of begging and pouting Jon finally agreed to let me get him. I've pretty much been obsessed with him ever since and he's become mommy's little boy. :-)
He's still really skittish and shy, after all he is still a baby, but he's making progress. He's adorable when he sleeps with his little legs stretched out! And during the night he's all over the place. Jon made him a little hammock in his cage called the "pimp pad" which Virgil uses to hang out in or as a bridge to get into his hanging nest. He enjoys running, or more hopping, on his wheel and crawling all over his cage. lol So far his favorite foods are pears, apples, chicken and sun flower seeds, but we need to get him eating his veggies too.
Yesterday he had his first official out of cage excursion. Jon got him climbing up his arm and then he proceeded to jump/glide to the top of my head and then climb down to my back. He ended up almost to my shoulder before chowing down on a papaya treat. After that we put him back in his cage to get more rest since he's a nocturnal creature! But last night we got him out again and he got scared and ended up jumping off Jon and proceeded to climb up the screen door. Thankfully I was able to grab him and get him back safely to the cage. I can't wait until he's older and knows us better so that we can let him roam about, but until then I feel a lot safer holding him in my lap or having him in his pouch. He's a quick little one and already knows how to jump pretty well.
As for the job, the one I had lined up ended up falling through. They never called me back after several attempts of contacting them so I have moved on to finding a different job. I have applied at a few places full-time in my field of interest and part-time for something to do in the mean time. So far nothing yet but I'm still holding my head up high! There is something out there for me and I will find it! It just will take some patience and persistence.
Well I better get back to writing cover letters. I'll update again soon! Wish me luck!
Friday, May 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment