Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Opportunity is Everywhere

Okay, you hear the cliche, "opportunity is everywhere" line all the time and I know most of the time I just brush it off. It never really felt true to me until today. I was at Office Max, a place I almost decided not to try for printing off my posters, but said why not? Plus it was closer than either one of the Kinko's. I walked up to the desk in back where they have all the printers and fun stuff. There was a lady waiting so I just kind of stood back to wait for my turn. Well the lady turned to look at me with a huge smile on her face, so I smiled back in hopes she wasn't smiling at someone behind me and embarrassing myself lol. All of a sudden she said, "You are so pretty!" It was kind of a shock to me because I really wasn't expecting that at all, but I smiled and said, "Thank you." She threw out another compliment about how I have pretty skin and eyes, which was again out of nowhere but it did make me feel good! (I guess Proactiv really is doing it's job!) She was still talking to me when it was my turn to get my posters printed out; she asked what I did. I told her I was a student at Drake and my majors. Apparently that was exactly what she was looking for! She asked if I had any experience in web design, and luckily my response was yes! Turns out she is the owner of a company based here in Des Moines that is looking for someone to update their website! She even liked the posters I had designed for Jon! We exchanged contact info and I left with my head held high!

Now I don't know exactly what will come out of this meeting, but the fact that it happened in the first place was either Fate or dumb luck. But I'm really hoping something good comes from it. This opportunity could be exactly what I'm looking for and would be that internship/job to get the experience I need to get my foot in the right door. I'll keep you updated!

Peace and love!

Quote of the Day:
"And we can go to the Wienie Hut"
-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment