I'm still in shock. I keep looking at her facebook page, waiting for her to post something. I know I haven't talked to her in years, but we were the best of friends in elementary school before she moved. I remember hanging out with her, her brother, and my brother, the four of us playing on the playground. I remember the first time I went to see her in her new house. But the memory that gets me the most is the memory of the last opportunity I had to see her. I was supposed to go spend the night at her house but I couldn't go because I was grounded. That's my last memory of her. And it's not good enough for me. I missed her when she moved and I wanted to keep in touch. But I guess we both just fell apart. I'd look in on her facebook page every once in a while, just curious to what she was up to. She seemed to have become a wonderful person and I'm sad I missed out on having her as a friend.
She was too young to die. She didn't deserve it. She was doing great things and everyone loved her. I just wish I had had that chance to see her one last time. I wish I had had the guts to post on her facebook just to say "hey."
This really hit me hard. I can't even imagine what her family is going through. My thoughts and prayers go out to them. My God be with you and bring you peace.
RIP Caitlyn LeClerc. You won't be forgotten.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm so sorry for your loss Steph. =[ I know what it's like to have friends die, especially when they're so young. Life just really sucks sometimes.
ReplyDeleteLike I've told you before, I wish I could hug you! You'll be in my thoughts too, as will her family.
<3
Megan