Friday, March 25, 2011

I miss you, Blog. Let's catch up.

I haven't really blogged on here in a while and that makes me sad. I have to blog for two other classes and that keeps me busy and kind of wears down my updates a little. But I guess I should update you too. After all, you are my first and your place in my heart can never be replaced.

Spring break was awesome. Nuff said. I love our new apartment and shopping for it was a blast! I cannot wait to move everything else in after graduation! I am already thinking of packing and how I'm going to pack everything. Trying to figure out the logistics of it all. My planning instincts are kicking in which makes me excited! However, it isn't even April yet so I need to focus on school and not so much on packing yet. I still have a month and a half. Holy crap, it's down to a month and a half! Yay! I bought my cap and gown before break. Talk about making it real! I can't wait! I even picked out what frames I want for my diplomas lol. I'm such a nerd!

Over break I had my job interview. It is a different job than I was expecting, but if it is true to what they told me there will be a lot of opportunities for advancement. This makes me happy because it can evolve into the job that I do want. I'll hopefully be able to gain a lot of great experience which could ultimately help me get in to Miami Univeristy's MBA graduate program in a few years. And then after that, I'll look for the career of my dreams! That's the plan at least. I"m just thankful that I have a job to help pay the bills. We won't be strapped for cash as much and we'll be able to buy the things we need, like a new(er) car for me to get to and from work. We'll actually be able to go out and not have to worry about money so much. It definitely takes a burden off my back. We can only move up from here.

On top of my interviews and getting the job, I did a lot of wedding related activities over break! The tasting went extremely well and I have very pleased with the food that they had to offer. We have our menu picked out and I was able to leave the tasting with 4 boxes of leftover food! Yummy! Jon and his parents all liked it too, so it was a success! Not only did I get to taste the food, but I got to try on my wedding dress! It is as beautiful as I remember and the fact that it fits now makes it that much more real! It's MY dress...not just one from the rack that a bunch of people tried on. This one will fit me and only me :-) I cannot wait for it to be altered and finished! I cannot wait for Jon to see me in it all made up on our big day! I want his jaw to drop! lol

We also got our engagement pictures taken while I was there! Sadly the weather wasn't really cooperating but we still had fun! Jon isn't a huge picture person but I made him smile and even though he says he didnt' have any fun, I hope he secretly did because he was with me! :-) lol I know I had fun, but then again I'm a ham. What can I say? lol I'm so anxious to see the proofs and all the images! We'll get them in probably another 2 weeks or so and I can't wait! AH! lol

All in all, break was amazing. Our little apartment truly felt like home by the time I left last Sunday morning. It was so hard to say goodbye but in a way easier at the same time. I knew I'd be back soon and I'd be back for good. But being back in IA felt weird. My apartment here felt weird. It was quieter than usual. I really enjoyed my week living with him. Seeing what things were really going to be like. It was truly a taste of what our life would be like when I move there. Him going to work. Me going to work. Grocery shopping trips. Me kicking him out to the patio to smoke while I nag at him to close the door lol. Late nights playing scrabble. Him cooking dinner, then me doing dishes. Both of us falling asleep on the couch watching a movie. Making the bed in the mornings. Waking up next to him. Having him to come home to. I loved every second of it. I know it will have it's challenges but it will be an amazingly, wonderful experience and a new life adventure that I can't wait to begin.

Those are the big happenings in my life as of lately. Pretty exciting stuff! But I need to keep focused on this semester. I can't let myself come this far and then lose momentum. Only a month and a half left and I can do this.

But for now it's bed time. Thinking about this morning and class feels like it was yesterday. Today has felt THAT long. Goodnight, Blog. I'll talk to you again soon.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment