I remember waiting for high school graduation and wanting to get out of KC so fast. It was exciting but I do remember at one point something was kind of tugging me back. That part of me that was tied to home.
I've heard the talk about leaving like that, part of you will retract and you'll try to bring your loved ones closer before you leave. Trying to grasp on to what you know. Sometimes in fear of what could come.
I can honestly tell you, that I have been feeling this pull. It started this school year. My fears have been settled though since then, but that doesn't change the fact that I will miss my friends and family. That pull has also brought me closer to my friends and family. I was able to sit down and really evaluate what was important to me. I knew who I wanted in my life and I knew I needed them. This process has brought me closer to a few people that I felt like I was losing. People I couldn't live without.
Life happens. We all make mistakes. But I couldn't keep pushing these people away. I quickly realized that if I pushed them too far, I'd lose them forever. That would be a huge mistake. One I couldn't live with.
But like I said above, I realized what I was doing and what needed to be done. So I began the rebuilding process. And I am so very thankful that I realized this before it was too late. These people make my life better and I hope that I make theirs a happier place too. I'm going to keep working on these relationships and put in the effort, because I can't imagine a life without them. I don't want to.
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment