Monday, July 19, 2010

Blue Skies, Sunshine and Good Movies

It really is wonderful when the skies clear up after a storm. The sun shining brightly and the color of the sky. Absolutely wonderful!

But onto a different subject, movies aren't what they used to be. The past two days I have watched The Patriot and Glory. And after watching these movies, I realized that there aren't many movies that are as powerful today. There are the occasional that really hit hard, pull at your heart-strings, make you cry, or make you feel good all the way to your core, for example: The Blind Side or The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. But what about movies like, The Patriot, Glory, Forrest Gump, Ever After, The Green Mile? A truly good story that reaches out to the audience and makes them feel like they are actually there and feeling for the character. It's kind of sad that the good ones are harder to come by now. Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy the new, out-there movies: Transformers, The Ugly Truth, Wedding Crashers, etc...but there's just something about the "oldies" (they really aren't that old, okay two decades or so) that are completely wonderful.

Anyways, enough random rambling for today. I'm just happy today was a good day and I'm hoping for the same tomorrow! Sweet dreams everyone!

Quote of the Day:
"It was a sticky one."
-Jon

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good day yesterday!

    Ahh, those movies are SO good!

    ReplyDelete