Thursday, July 29, 2010

10 Days to Go

Nothing really important to say. I'm just enjoying my day off of work by watching Coyote Ugly and craving to plan the next 10 days to make them go by faster! lol Problem is, I can't plan them because I don't know my work schedule for next week! Grrr! lol But I'll be able to tomorrow!

It's been a good week. Jon and I are doing well and he's making me smile like usual! Work has been going well and I enjoy working during the day instead of closing. Although I have to close tomorrow. Bummer! Oh well, it's money! Thankfully the rain has slowed *fingers crossed I don't jinx it now* and it hasn't been deathly hot out. YAY!

I just really hope these next 10 days go by quickly. I can't wait to see my boo! :-)

::Edit::

There are days where I end up thinking about what I'm going to do once I graduate. I'm talking job wise. I'm so nervous about finding a job in my field of study. I have practically no experience outside of the classroom and I'm afraid no one will give me the chance to show them what I can do. To be honest, I don't really know if I have what it takes. There are days where I wonder if I went into the right field of study. Maybe it's the fact that once I'm done with school, I'll be moving onto something different. Something real. I've been in school since pre-school...that's all I really know. Part of me wants to stick to what is safe. Go to a junior college or one of those tech schools for an associates in business management or something. Either way it wouldn't be bad to have that. Something to add to my resume. More knowledge under my belt. But I can't be a full-time student after I graduate Drake. I'll need a job, something to bring in money to pay the bills. And then there's the whole paying for it part. I really don't want to rack up student loans after my parents worked so hard getting me through without taking out loans. Plus, I'd feel like I'd disappoint them by doing that. Like it would be a slap in the face saying, "You paid for 4 years of school for two degrees I don't even want so I'm gonna do something different." Maybe it's just nerves, self-consciousness or poor faith in the economy. Even with a college degree (two for me) won't do much for me if the economy stays the way it is now. Which is sad. People who work their butts off for years to educate them self so they can provide for themselves and their families will get nothing in return. Nothing but a huge slap in the face. And I'm so worried that I'll be in that line of fire here in the next year. I think right now, that's my biggest fear.

Quote of the Day:

"It was a sticky one. You know what I'm talking about."
-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment