Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Off on the Right Foot

Well as you know today was my first day working at my new summer/part-time job! I spent half my shift filling out paperwork and being trained on the register and just watching. The second half was spent being shown around the store and learning the ropes of the sales floor duties. I already know how to sell shoes! haha It was a good day, minus the blisters I got on both feet from my shoes...that I got at that same store (except it was the KC branch). I think it was a strategic maneuver to get me to buy more shoes...cuz now I am really needing to buy some comfy shoes that I can wear to work. It's just luck that I get a discount! YAY! So i'll probably look around at work this weekend and find a pair that I can afford haha.

I also went out with some of the girls to get free pie! Okay, so it's only free with a purchase I found out...hence the soda. But $2.22 for a soda and some good apple pie is still pretty damn good! Now my tummy is pleasantly happy :-) I do enjoy a good piece of pie! Now it's time to relax. So I'm listening to Skillet (for some reason I can't stop listening to them! Oh wait, it's cuz they're FUCKING AWESOME!) and they make me want to sing and play the drums or bass guitar and write songs and ahhhh I wish I could sing. I wish I could write a song! lol I used to write poetry back in high school but it's been so long since I've written anything. I guess I just don't feel it anymore. It's really kind of sad. I like writing...possibly why I started this :-)...but this is different than poetry. Ah I also need to get back into drawing! That's what I can do in my spare time this summer! AHA! lol I've had a revelation!

But that still doesn't change the fact that I wish I could write songs and sing them...lol Maybe someday...after a LOT of practice.
Well this post has been filled with a lot of randomness, oh well

Quote of the Day:
I don't have one today because I can't think of one lol

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! What a sneaky, sneaky store! haha! But YAY! for discounts! I hope you can find some comfy shoes! =]

    Random posts are okay! =] And I think you should try writing poetry again. =] You still need to show me some of your poems.

    ReplyDelete